Here are some leadership quotes to inspire you:
- "I never had much faith in leaders. I am willing to be charged with almost anything, rather than to be charged with being a leader. I am suspicious of leaders, and especially of the intellectual variety. Give me the rank and file every day in the week. If you go to the city of Washington, and you examine the pages of the Congressional Directory, you will find that almost all of those corporation lawyers and cowardly politicians, members of Congress, and mis-representatives of the masses -- you will find that almost all of them claim, in glowing terms, that they have risen from the ranks to places of eminence and distinction. I am very glad I cannot make that clainm for myself. I would be ashamed to admit that I had risen from the ranks When I rise it will be with the ranks, and not from the ranks.." -Eugene V. Debs
- "You do not lead by hitting people over the head - that's assault, not leadership." -Dwight D. Eisenhower
- "Leadership can be thought of as a capacity to define oneself to others in a way that clarifies and expands a vision of the future." -Edwin H. Friedman
- "All of the great leaders have had one characteristic in common; it was the willingness to confront unequivocally the major anxiety of their people in their time. This, and not much else is the essence of leadership." -John Kenneth Galbraith
- "Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." -Conrad Hilton
- "The task of the leader is to get his people from where they are to where they have not been." -Henry Kissinger
- "Leaders must be close enough to relate to others but far enough ahead to motivate them." -John Maxwell
- "Be enthusiastic as a leader. You can't light a fire with a wet match." -Unknown
- "Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it's amazing what they can accomplish." -Sam Walton
- "Absolute identity with one's cause is the first and great condition of successful leadership." -Woodrow Wilson
Imagine it and it is yours!
Home » Good Quotes » Leadership Quotes
The Mind's Eye Productions
Use this search feature to to find what you're looking for:
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.